Monday, July 8, 2013

Former NFL Star Confronted By The Son He Left Behind [VIDEO]

Former NFL star Aveion Jr., who spent time with St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys, as a running back for nine years was confronted by his son, who he left behind.

Cason Sr., who was fatherless when he was growing up and continued to cycle once he found out that he was having a son of his own, did reentered his son, Aveion Jr., life. However, the two harbor angry towards the decision Aveion Sr. made and it showed when the two appear on "Oprah's Lifeclass" with Iyanla Vanzant, as Aveion Sr. explained why he abandoned his son:

I grew up without a father. I feel resentment with my father coming up because he's never been around, and when I talk to my son, I feel like he feels the same way.

As Aveion Jr begins to cry, Iyanla walks over to him and encourage Aveion Jr. to share his feelings to his father, in his own words:

I think I was a mistake. I didn't have a father. 

Aveion Jr., 13-year-old, hadn't seen his father for nearly 10 years [since the age of 4].

No comments:

Post a Comment